Thursday, January 30, 2020

Best 2020 - VIVOSUN 2-in-1 48”x36”x72” Mylar Reflective Grow Tent for Indoor Hydroponic Growing System


Best Gardening & Lawn Care 2020 ✔ VIVOSUN 2-in-1 48”x36”x72” Mylar Reflective Grow Tent for Indoor Hydroponic Growing System. 

👍Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
👍MULTI-CHAMBER GROW TENT: This tent features 2-tier small tent and one large tent area. Individual room for propagation, vegetation and flowering stages that can keep your plant perpetual harvesting
👍Maximum yields :This allows extremely short harvests time by continuous growing new plant into the flowering chamber




VIVOSUN Indoor Gardening & Hydroponics I grow as a hobby. I was really looking forward to this tent as an upgrade from another company because vivosun was supposed to have a good reputation. The tent is fairly big, and if you don’t want to use the partition you get a 4x5 grow space with built in shelving.I got it all together & turned on my lights/fans. It was hard to zip It up because the zipper keeps getting stuck in diff places. That’s kind of annoying but not a dealbreaker. Next I wanted to see if it was light proof so I turned off the lights in the room and I instantly regretted my purchase. Thousands of tiny holes everywhere! It was enough to light up the room! All of the stitching had huge oversized holes. Light was pouring out of this thing from everywhere except the ports and amazingly the zippers That’s not ok if you’re trying to be discrete! So next I checked the opposite and went inside. The light from my room coming the through the stitching was enough for me to be able to see everything inside and even navigate around hitting my head on my light.It’s really disappointing, and I already got rid of my old setup so I’m stuck with this thing now. I’m going to tape up as much as I’ve can and hope it doesn’t affect my plants. It would be hard to return it anyway because I doubt anyone could ever get it back in the box without having to resort to cutting it to shreds.Next time I’ll spend a little more money and get something I don’t have to repair when it arrives. I’d steer clear of this brand.UPDATE: Vivosun reached out and refunded my entire cost directly without question. I am hoping that this quality control issue was isolated, or at least just a representation of their tents, because I have their 600hps kit coming in too.




Best VIVOSUN Indoor Gardening & Hydroponics Keep in mind I bought a bigger $40 cheaper tent before I bought this one. I have been happy with it. But a friend asked me to get them a tent. Due to their circumstances I thought this a better fit for them (even though more expensive and smaller). Allowing them to use less space while also having a clone and mother section. The entire ideal was something that would help to organize them better. In theory it was a good ideal... When I opened it and inventoried the parts I wondered why the silver tape, we will come back to that.First thing I noticed that I didn't like, the panels that cover the rectangle fresh air ports attach by Velcro (my other one has them stitched to the tent on one side, you can lift it up and use its Velcro to keep it in the open position) not a big deal but it seemed less than optimal to me. We rolled it out so we could put the frame together inside the bottom (not my first or second tent). I did like the metal connectors/corners but it just didn't feel as sturdy as other tents.Once we had the frame assembled we pulled the rest of the tent up and over the frame (got to love them zippers) once again it just didn't seem as sturdy as most of the tents I have worked with in the past.So we put the green rack down on the frame and as I pushed it into place the wire sides started popping lose from the rest of the wire rack. Not enough to justify sending it back but diffidently affected my impression of the tent. But it looked good. So we continued on.We put the spill trays down, ah I guess they were ok ish. Then we moved on to putting the divider in. I was none plused to say the least when I realized the divider was attached by Velcro and nothing else. Think about it, a somewhat heavy piece of canvas separating your cloning/mother plant section from your flowering section with nothing but Velcro to anchor it and prevent light from leaking in on your plants. I was very skeptical about the entire ideal but thinking, ok they have engineered this to work reliably, lets put it together and see what it looks like. About 40 minutes later after attempting to put it together several different ways to make it appear to be reliable I realized it was just poor engineering from the word go. That's when the cussing started and the tent got nicknamed Mickey's grow tent. There was no way to drape it across or behind any of the bars and the part that made me tell my friend "i'm going to trash this thing on amazon so no one else makes the mistake of buying it" was wen I realized the silver tape was so you could use it to cover the corners due to the fact there was no way to cleanly attach it to the tent without the poles being in the way. We had 5 other people who have experience with grow tents look at it and everyone of them came away with some variation of "that's just a piece of sh!!!T". We hung a small 315 watt light (with remote ballast) and the poles bowed. Raising and lowering it using the rope ratchets it looked scary and everyone agreed it would be best to support the cross poll with one hand when raising and lowering the light.Anyhow I told my friend "well someone else has made the mistake of buying one of these things, let me look on youtube and see how they got around this". I also apologized and told the person "I'm so sorry, give me a couple days and I will buy you a separate small cloning tent". The person offered to pay for it (the small cloning tent) and I was like "no no, you asked me to help you and I said I would but then I accidentally shot you in the foot, I'm so sorry". As I stood back I realized it didn't have any viewing ports. Some people may not want a viewing port so that's really just a preference thing but combined with all the rest of the tent it was like "what do you expect from Mickey's grow tent".I drove the 35 miles home, ate a sandwich then came here to warn others of my experience.Don't buy this tent, not even if you can get for 125, don't do it. To be honest at 160 plus tax I feel gouged.Its basically an 4x5 tent worth about $90 with a couple gimmicks thrown in that if used make it unsuitable for flowering. This is the first 2 in 1 grow tent I have messed with so maybe their all flawed like this (I would hope not) but in general I can say there are much better tents on Amazon and their cheaper.


VIVOSUN Indoor Gardening & Hydroponics Got this for an indoor grow for my 5 plants (we live in California) to have in an extra room but still be able to use it. Came boxed and packed very well, no issues and quality really had me smiling. My husband loved it, took him about 10 minutes to put together then started putting in the rest. As a first time indoor grow, i must say this tent has made it an absolute breeze to get up and start growing from seed to harvest and learn along the way. Definitely recommend this tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment