Thursday, January 16, 2020

Best 2020 - Field Guide to Urban Gardening: How to Grow Plants, No Matter Where You Live: Raised Beds - Vertical Gardening - Indoor Edibles - Balconies and Rooftops - Hydroponics


Best Hobbies & Home 2020 ✔ Field Guide to Urban Gardening: How to Grow Plants, No Matter Where You Live: Raised Beds - Vertical Gardening - Indoor Edibles - Balconies and Rooftops - Hydroponics. 

👍
👍
👍




Kevin Espiritu Gardening & Landscape Design I bought this book primarily because I am a fan of the author's podcast Epic Gardening and I wanted to see what he could do in another medium. I am very impressed. This professionally designed book is a wealth of quality information and I would recommend it to every beginning gardener. I would also recommend it to intermediate-level gardeners in milder climates trying to make the most of smaller growing spaces. As a gardener with only 2 year experience, I look at it as 10% reference material and 90% inspiration that will lead to additional research.




Best Kevin Espiritu Gardening & Landscape Design As a preface I'm 100% in the suburban camp - we've got about 1.5 acres on the outskirts of a big city roughly 25 minutes from anything considered downtown. Despite this - Kevin's book has a bunch of useful information that can be expanded beyond just urban gardening in a small space. I've got more land than I know what to do with, but this book still has great tips on using raised beds, creating good soil conditions, and handy cheat-sheets for plant spacing as well as tips for protecting seedlings which is useful no matter where you plant.I think the coolest part about having this book at hand is that I have some great information about outdoor gardening, but if I wanted to grow some more fragile plants or ones that may not necessarily enjoy my climate he's got a whole section on step-by-step DIY hydroponic and indoor planting as well. Who knows - might take advantage of my state's new laws with that one we'll see ;).Great book, a good resource, and cheap to boot! That and Kevin's very active on his youtube with consistent updates, tips, and advice.The book's an amazing resource, but Kevin is, too! Follow this guy and you won't regret it.


Kevin Espiritu Gardening & Landscape Design There are a lot of people out there who would love to know how to grow beautiful houseplants or harvest their own vegetables every year. However, so many are terrified of trying and believe they have a "brown thumb". This book is definitely for those who want to give it a try. Kevin has an amazing way of explaining all of the details yet in an ordinary and very understandable way. He explains all the "hows" and "whys" but in a nonboring way. So many gardening books are written by someone with a PHD in Horticulture and the authors sometime speak to you as if you do as well. I've never sat and read a gardening book from cover to cover but this one is different. He takes you on a journey and it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment