Friday, January 3, 2020

Best 2020 - Indoor Salad: How to Grow Vegetables Indoors, 2nd Edition B&W


Best Hobbies & Home 2020 ✔ Indoor Salad: How to Grow Vegetables Indoors, 2nd Edition B&W. 

👍
👍
👍




Ginger Booth Gardening & Landscape Design I wish I could give this book 10 stars! Ginger writes in a way that even the novice can understand and I know this will be my indoor gardening Bible for a long time. I am so, so new into all of this indoor way of gardening (and even outdoor gardening) that I thought this would be way over my head but Ginger's way of explaining the process even I can understand!To top that off, she has a blog/forum that she runs and is always there to answer questions. Such a devoted and helpful lady, you can't go wrong. I'd put the link to her blog/forum if I could, but I don't think Amazon will allow that, just search aerogarden forums and you'll find it, that's what I did.Already I've gotten so much information and helpful tips that I feel like I just might be able to do this type of gardening. You see, I just ordered my first Aerogarden and wanted some help understanding it. This book covers so much more than just the Aerogarden that I have no doubt that in time I shall be branching out and trying other forms of indoor gardening, all because of Indoor Salad and knowing Ginger is always there to help.Another thing she does that I absolutely love is to give options with regard to any type of system. She doesn't insist that you go out and buy or construct a system that is going to costs mega-dollars. She gives lots of options that will work from the high end down to those of us that at times have to watch our pennies.You just can't go wrong with this book, there's information in here that I'm sure the novice to the seasoned gardner can use!!




Best Ginger Booth Gardening & Landscape Design I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to expand their growing season by growing vegetables indoors. Unlike other books on this subject, the author doesn't focus on expensive HID systems, but gives affordable DIY projects to grow many different crops inside using fluorescent light systems.The book does an excellent job explaining the different fluorescent lights available and their uses for growing plants. Both traditional container planting and hydroponic growing methods are covered. Individual crops are detailed in the last chapters for anyone wanting to jump right into growing without delving into the technical details.The book's real value lies in the author's personal experience growing all types of vegetables. Plenty of lessons learned and good tips are available throughout the book. This is will be my go to book this fall when I plan my indoor veggie "farm".


Ginger Booth Gardening & Landscape Design I am a frustrated gardener who moved from having a huge garden to an apartment where I could have a container garden (bought two Gardeners Supply tomato success kits but had to move before I could plant them) to the apartment we're living in now where we cannot have even a container garden outside and my indoors is not sunny enough to grow anything.Right now, I've got my tomato success kits planted with POTHOS, of all things, because I just could not bear to get rid of them after I spent so much money for them. Sweet potato vines grew in them all right, but not great. When the gardening catalogs started coming a few weeks ago, I broke down and ordered a few 7-pod LED Aerogardens to try to satisfy my raging planting impulses and give me some good clean veggies to harvest.Then I started looking at a lot of Kindle books to try to figure out what would be the best to get. As a gardener, I can tell you that there are some really pitiful books out there. Not this one. I downloaded the Kindle sample of Indoor Salad: How to Grow Vegetables Indoors to evaluate, and after chewing through the sample, I could tell that Ginger Booth really knows her stuff. I immediately went to the Kindle store and purchased it, and I've been relishing all the information—and inspiration—this author supplies. She has a scientific background, so I am benefitting from her fiddling and testing to see what works and what doesn't—whether planting hydroponically or in soil indoors.I'm learning things about edible plants that I've never known before, no matter how many other gardening books I've read, especially as pertains to plants well suited to hydroponics (my Aerogardens) and soil-planted veggies. (And there I was thinking I would plant some cucumbers in my Aerogardens.) Booth is already saving me money because she tells you what you do, and do not, need in terms of equipment to be successful. She encourages a curious and inventive spirit as well, which for an indoor gardener can only help!One feature of this book is "projects" that teach you how to make and build a number of items (such as a crop lamp surround) that will boost the output of your Aerogarden or whatever other indoor plantings you might go for. The author tells you step by step how to do it, or if you decide you don't want to fool with it yourself, you can buy the pre-cut kits from the author's website (indoorsalad dot com).I'm so impressed that I went to sign up for an account at the author's website, and I'm now just waiting to be approved so I can dive into the forums. Despite the below-zero cold outside and the lingering snow after we had a foot here in Lexington, hope is again springing eternal.... Thank you, Ginger!

No comments:

Post a Comment